Senior Market Data Analyst
ClipperData is seeking a Senior Market Data Analyst for its New York location. The Senior Market Data Analyst performs the following job duties:
- Leads the team to develop geospatial models to predict future cargo movements for different type of commodities utilizing various softwares, including R, SQL and Python.
- Leads the team to build complicated statistical models integrating multiple sources to forecast the future supply and demand number.
- Leads the team to perform data mining analysis including natural language analysis, text mining and other big data analysis.
- Samples, organizes, normalizes, cleanses and analyzes disparate new data set for the purpose of deriving deeper insights into supply and demand of energy and other traded commodities.
- Prepares multiple reports and assist with client for questions regarding the US Gulf floating storage.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects based on specific client needs, including analyzing the status of the global flows for different energy products.
The Senior Market Data Analyst must have a Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Financial Mathematics or closely related field and 2 years of related experience.
Required experience must include two years in the following areas:
- Dealing with big dataset by querying an SQL database using various programming languages, including R and SQL; manipulating and formatting dataset over 1 million rows, with more than 20 dimensions;
- Energy traded markets and statistical methods (regression, time series analysis and probabilistic analysis) used to model such markets and predict future behavior of the supply/demand balance; and of prices according to a large dataset, utilizing software including SQL, Python and R; and
- Data mining techniques, including text mining, classification, Naïve Bayesian forecast, utilizing them to analyze dataset over 1 million rows, with more than 20 dimensions.
Forward detailed technical resume to Steve Shao, Director, Quantitative Analysis, ClipperData LLC, 1115 Broadway, New York, New York 10010. EEO.